Friday, September 22, 2006

Mis-Fortune

Okay, this is pathetic. Puh-thetic.

Two weeks ago, Charming and I dropped the children off at church and went to get something to eat, and to Be Alone. (yum) We decided to try a Chinese Buffet close to the church, which we had never visited before. The food was fine (ate too much), and then they brought us the check, avec fortune cookies.

Charming's was traditional, tho' I forget what it was. What is remember-able is the fact that my cookie was SANS fortune--none at all. That had never happened to me before. I decided that I was, indeed, UN-fortunate.

Fast forward to last evening. We decided (because we had grown kids and grands "just dropping by" till after 6:30) that we would take Blackeyed Susan and Alvin Fernald to same Chinese Buffet. We Ate Too Much, again, and then the little black tray was brought with four cookies.

I chose first, and read the fortune that I will share in a minute. Alvin's read: Your respect for others will be your ticket to success. Susan's read: A four-wheeled adventure will soon bring you happiness. Charming's: A happy and harmonious family is important to you.

Ready for mine? (drumroll, please): Work on improving your exercise routine.

Are you kidding? That is not a "fortune"!! Tho' it may be a good idea, it is not what I just filled my tummy to uncomfortable-ness for. Who told you, nebulous fortune-cookie company, that you could Stick Your Nose into my business?

Do you realize, since I chose first, that I only had a 25% chance of choosing that particular fortune from the tray?

This is so depressing. I'm going to go get a giganto Mocha with double Whipped Cream from Starbucks.

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

"This is so depressing. I'm going to go get a giganto Mocha with double Whipped Cream from Starbucks."

ROFLOL!!!!!! Sounds like a plan to me!! My daughter has been taken with no fortune in her cookie here recently, too. What's up with that???

R said...

Can you get me a Venti Chai Frappucino blended with cream? I'll share the caloric intake with you.

G.L.H. said...

Mrs. Copper's Wife,
Where is the Quality Control at the cookie factory???

Mrs. April,
I have my sweater on--let's go!

tam said...

I'll be joining in on the mocha!!!

When you read what happened at my home last week you'll see why we all deserve a few more calories no matter WHAT fortune cookies do or don't say anyway...

I like the cookie better than the fortune anyway...besides g.l.h.,....your treasure is in Christ!

Take that you ole' meanie cookies!