Thursday, February 03, 2011

Five years.

Today marks five years since my precious Mother went home to be with the Lord.

Oh, how I miss her! She was my Mommy, after all, and how do you live without your Mommy? I remember, after getting married, calling her every time I got sick. I wished she could come take care of me, but knowing that she couldn't, I wanted her to *know,* anyway. She was always sympathetic, and told me to rest and drink plenty of liquids. Yeah, I already knew that, but needed to hear it from her.

One post would not be adequate to write my feelings about her, of course. Her love, her wisdom, her love of Scrabble (which I share!), her faith--all so much a part of my life, a part of who I am. I know that many women don't have a good relationship or any relationship at all, with their mothers; that makes me sad. I had the most wonderful mother! What an incredible blessing from the Lord!

So, if you still have your mother, give her a hug and kiss for me today, won't you?

1 comment :

Jen said...

I will be sure to give my mom and extra kiss and hug. I have often wondered what it will be like when she is no longer here. Even at 39, I still need her wisdom and her presence. I am so thankful for a good relationship with me mom.