Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Busy today...

I have not worked outside the home for sixteen years, so I am eligible to avail myself of some state-sponsored classes, at no cost. My last formal computer class was WordPerfect 2.1 (with white letters on a black screen), so the opportunity to take all of the Microsoft Office Suite is exciting.

Today's offering is PowerPoint. I've only done one powerpoint in my life, and that was with a tutorial (add photo NOW, click here NOW, you get the picture). The class is all-day, 8:30-4:30.

Next week I have a class, "Navigating the 2007 Ribbon." I'm told it's the "new toolbar." My PowerPoint runs with the Ribbon, so I will have some experience already. On the 21st I have Excel. I have never ever made a spreadsheet; should be interesting. The 23rd is Word--a place with which I'm much more familiar. The week after that I have Publisher, and then Access (don't even know what that is for!) is in several sessions through the end of the month.

Then I'll be ready for a new computer! Honey?

Update: I had to make a seven-slide PowerPoint presentation and "pass" to get a certificate. I got a 95%!! Yeah for me!

No comments :