Monday, April 07, 2008

A Little Bit of Loveliness

This is what greeted me this morning:

One lonely daffodil, providing a bit of sunshine in this decidedly late-starting spring.

What is quite remarkable, given my pathetic lack of talent regarding anything Green, is that my wonderfully-green-thumbed neighbor, Linda, said that *mine* is the very first daffodil she has seen anywhere around our neighborhood!

I think I'll consider it a little bit of Hope, sent by my Father to encourage me. Maybe Spring will indeed...Spring!

"Spring has sprung/The grass is riz./ I wonder where/ The flowers iz?"

Looks like right outside my front door!

2 comments :

Jen said...

Congratulations on your daff! My absolute favorite flower and nearly impossible to kill. :-)

ztoamom said...

Oh my goodness congratulations on such a beautiful boy. What a lovely experience. And I agree with you - good for Lily waiting it out. He looks perfectly happy to have hesitated *smile*