Thursday, November 08, 2007

Falling off the Balance Beam

I've been asked to speak this evening at our Homeschool Mom's meeting on:

Balance.

Ha.

I told our president that I would agree only if I could speak as if I had been asked to speak on Holiness: "not that I have achieved," etc.

I thing Jodie (our president) has hit the nail on the head with her email to our group, inviting us to the meeting:

"It's that time again...I hear its menace, the threats have already begun. In-laws are looking at each other with narrowed eyes, I look at my financial statements and cringe, and I have only just begun to wish for more evenings at home, sitting quietly on the couch with my chilren. It 's the HOLIDAYS!

"I swear, how is it possible that the birth of Christ can make my life such a disaster? (not really, I DO know that, I just can't figure out what toy to get my 6yo) How am I going to keep all the in-laws and out-laws happy? How to keep my checkbook from running on E? Have enough energy to do and go and shop and still homeschool? In other words, HOW am I going to keep my BALANCE?"

Then she said, "come Thursday and Barb will tell us."

Hang on, folks. It's going to be a bumpy ride.....

1 comment :

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Can't wait to hear your wisdom since all those things give me a headache! :)