Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Birthday presents.

Sweet Pea's fourth birthday found her asking Grandma for a "ballet fairy outfit" for her Shirley Temple doll. "I want it pink on top and purple on bottom!"
I made a pink leotard and a purple tutu, then a belt of ivy leaves (because we are a Woodland Fairy), wings made of larger leaves, and purple ballet shoes.

Joe Hardy's birthday gift was way, way late:
(but beautiful.)

I call it Long Time Comin' for two three reasons: a) though I have been hand-quilting quilts for ten years, I've never made one for Joe. b) Joe will earn his bachelor's degree in December at age 31--his degree is a "long time comin'." c)And, unintentionally, his birthday was eight weeks ago and found the quilt unfinished--his gift is a "long time comin'."
(here is a close-up of the quilting--in GREEN thread. Joe shares my love of green...)

(the back of the quilt is cute covered wagons. I bought this fabric years and years ago on the dollar table at Wal-Mart.)


This is the last day of school for Alvin Fernald and Blackeyed Susan. Now I have a sophomore and a senior. And, they are MINE for the summer.

I miss homeschooling...


1 comment :

Jen said...

What wonderful gifts!

It is not to late to homeschool again....Enjoy them for the summer! Give them schoolwork to satisfy your memories. ;-))