Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Closing Out Another Project.

I have a custom of beginning a new project the day after Christmas. Something for *me*, after the three to four months of crafting gifts. This year, I wanted to finish a quilt I had put down at the beginning of September. I was able to finish it on January 3rd!

This quilt is called Barbara Star, and you can read about it here and here.
I quilted it in diagonal rows, as did my grandmother with the original. The squares were hand-pieced. I did put the rows of squares together by machine, and then hand-quilted. It looks like it took me a total of about nine months to do, not bad for such a large project.

And this one is for our own bed! How exciting is that?

2 comments :

Jen said...

Is this the slightly not lined up star quilt? That one has given me great encouragement as I am working on my own first time quilt with sometimes not quite perfect blocks.

G.L.H. said...

yep! But you really have to look at it closely to tell, don't you? I'm satisfied. You may know my quilting motto: Finished is better than perfect."