Friday, May 08, 2009

What I'm Doing Today

remembering....my Mama, gone home these three years now. This lilac bush is from a cutting I took of one in her yard:

piecing...quilt squares by hand:

quilting...my Diamond Charm quilt. I love six needles moving across the quilt simultaneously, dimpling the surface:
meditating on...II Peter 1: 3-4:
"According as His divine power has given unto us all things that
pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him that has called us
to glory and virtue:
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises:
that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature..."
teaching....Algebra. Geometry. Biology. History. Literature. Loving it!
***********
going...to visit Daddy in the nursing home.
***********
thankful...for God's provision.
***********
needing...to trust Him more!
***********
bragging...on Joe Hardy, who is finally a SENIOR in college!
***********
listening...to dozens of sparrows in the ivy growing up the side of the house next door.
***********
reading...Eat for Health by Dr. Joel Fuhrman.
***********
wondering...how we got to be at the beginning of the recycling truck's route (5 a.m.!)
***********
changing...my bedsheets! Love fresh sheets.
***********
praying...for my children. Jobs. Relationships. Healing.
***********
cooking...lentil soup.
***********
loving...my dear Charming. I don't deserve him!
***********
cleaning...my sewing room.
***********
writing...a bio for Charming for his ministry packet.
***********
fixing...sweet tea with lime.
***********
looking...at the beginning of a gorgeous day outside!
***********
looking forward...to Violet's visit in a few days.
***********
yearning...to be conformed to the image of God's Son.
***********
Sounds like a busy day. Better get started!

4 comments :

Keasty said...

Hey Barb, you got one busy day there! Glad I happened on you. Think the Lord just kinda blesses us like that. Look after your Prince Charming and those kids. Bless you BIG. Thanks for the verses from 2 Peter.

Rebecca said...

Those verses you're meditating on today are the inspiration for my blog lifeandgodliness-rebecca.blogspot.com It is SO powerful to think that His power has given us EVERYTHING we need for experiencing "abundant life" and living godly in this present age. A friend and I went to a local plant sale. We enjoyed each other's company and I selected a few new samples to try in my garden. They're planted just in time to drink some of the rain falling as I write.

Jen said...

Beautiful quilts!
We went to Cracker Barrel today and I thought of you!

Jen

Rebecca said...

Me, again! So good to get your note and know we're almost neighbors. (I used to live in FW, moved to Archbold, OH for 5 years where hubby was on staff at a church; then to Kalamazoo MI where he directed a camp for 5 years or so, and now back here! Let's keep in touch. Rebecca

I admire your quilts!