Monday, October 03, 2016

We can't all be idiots.

To my family and friends:

I am so very tired of all the articles this political season, from both sides: "Only an idiot would vote for Trump/Clinton." We are not all idiots, just because we disagree politically.

I am a lifelong conservative. That means, among other things, I believe government should be smaller and taxes lower, among other things. On the other side are the liberals, who believe that the government should be responsible for more, possibly resulting in higher taxes. That's okay--these are just two different worldviews. In America, just about 50% are on either side. That is why more elections are won by a margin of 51-49 or 52-48%, rather than, say, 80-20%. Even Reagan's landslide victory in 1984 was 58.8%.

In my birth family, I am part of basically a 100% majority of conservatives. In my marriage family, my husband and I are in an 80-20% minority. My immediate family (children and spouses, etc.) stands at about 70-30%, with a conservative majority. My church is almost entirely conservative; in my neighborhood, I am in a tiny, tiny minority.

The point is, someone will be elected President, and we will all be satisfied or not. Life will go on. What is important is that family on all sides will still love each other. Family always "trumps" politics, every day of every year.

I love you all, family and friends. Pray. Vote. Love.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153010587728264&set=t.1369218387&type=3&size=960%2C720


https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=763243776247&set=t.1369218387&type=3&size=720%2C540

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2589334085445&set=t.1369218387&type=3&size=960%2C720




6 comments :

Swapna madhuri said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
شركة ضي الرحمن said...

شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالاحساء



شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالجبيل



شركة صيانة تنظيف مكيفات المركزي بالدمام

Anonymous said...

شركة ضي الرحمن said...
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالاحساء



شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالجبيل



شركة صيانة تنظيف مكيفات المركزي بالدمام



www.golden-slot.com


Yang Kuo said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

แตกใน xxx

thanida said...

Nice Post Dear! i like your article, thanks for sharing the information. 
isc888