Monday, August 24, 2009

And, They're Off!

I dropped Blackeyed Susan and Alvin Fernald off at school this morning...for the very first time.

We spent the last school year coming to the decision that, for this season, public high school would be best for our family. I am completely okay with that...in my head. But, of course, I have mixed feelings, as well.

Because, I've had them to myself. All of their lives so far.

I have a friend who went through this same thing last week--her high school started last Wednesday. She spent the day with these same feelings. She recovered--I will, as well.

Just give me a day.

Or maybe two.

(of course, now I have seven hours to Do Stuff. All that stuff I've put off for, like, twelve years.)

Like Cleaning Closets.

I could get used to this!

Have a blessed week, dear friends!

1 comment :

Jen said...

I am praying for you today as you adjust to all those hours. All those hours. Golly. That must be rough! ;-)

Of course, I really am praying because I know it will be an adjustment. I look forward to all the things you share about this new life and what the Lord teaches you.

Fresh Starts could use a new Barb devotional. You could write it in your spare time!

Jen