Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Is There Any Old Business to Discuss?

Finished: my little doll quilt inspired by the fabulous department store in our town when I was growing up,W&D's:
and, from the Unfinished Projects File, this apron:
I had bought the fabric, thinking I'd make an apron celebrating Violet's college graduation. Yeah, that was
1997.


I had decided at that time that I wanted to make an apron for moi instead, so I stored the cut-out pieces and the bias-strips for the binding. For. Twelve. Years.

And, as most things like that work out, it just took me a wee bit o' time to finish it!

I have also finished the squares for a quilt for which I bought the fabric about five years ago. After "finding" it again, I decided that I wasn't as enamoured of the fabrics as I was then. But naturally Forget-me-not told me that she would "take it off my hands," if I can't find another recipient. (Forget-me-not is always willing to take a quilt off my hands, whether I want it or not!) I'll be putting the squares together this evening, and will take a photo of the top tomorrow, 'kay?
Hmmm. What next? Well, I don't know, but fer sure, there are a Number of Old Projects from which to choose!

1 comment :

Ms. K said...

Forget-me-not's friend would also ALWAYS be open to a MammaK original...